Monday, June 1, 2009

In the Company of Angels

Some people don't believe in angels. I happen to be one who does. Not only in the heavenly beings who watch us unseen, but those who walk amongst us in human flesh. They aren't perfect; they rarely know they touch us in ways eternal. But they are there. Always watching out for us.

For some, it may be a parent or grandparent, a sibling that has always watched out for them, given them advice or a much needed push. For others, a teacher may have filled this roll. A mentor who has been where you've been, gone where you need to go and was there cheering you on and giving you priceless advice. While I have been blessed with a wonderful family who encourages me and a teacher or two who inspired me to persevere, my constant guiding lights have been friends.

It's amazing how people from different walks of life, who can at times be polar opposites, touch each other. I have been blessed with two such friends. They are always there when I need them. They aren't afraid to give me my soapbox and let me rant. They never cower when I come to them to vent. And they always, always, always have a message from the Divine, words they themselves are unsure of but know they must be spoken nonetheless. A lot of times they just begin to talk and out pops exactly what I needed here. Other times, a letter arrives, or a note is placed in my line of sight that says exactly what my heart is thirsting for.

I know you have people like this in your own lives. Your own person troop of guardian angels. Let them know how much they mean to you. Write them a letter (a good old fashioned one is always appreciated!), call them, send them flowers, take them out for coffee. Whatever you do, make certain they know how much you appreciate them. And I'll bet you mean as much to them as they do to you.

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments. Do stop back by often for I will respond to your comments here :)