Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to the Daily Grind

As I was writing this title, I remembered a coffee shop which, sadly, is no longer in existence. I thought it a very clever name for a coffee shop. I hope they moved on to greener pastures and weren't put down in their prime.


But I digress...


This weekend was wet, but good. It has been raining off and on for the past week and a half in the South. I like it. I love stormy weather and rain gets my creative juices flowing like no other weather can. I love when weekends seem to last longer than their actual two days. For one reason or another, this weekend did. Though I spent the majority of my time relaxing and enjoying the company of some friends for dinner, I was able to get a few things done. Nothing like starting a new project or three to make you feel like you really are on your way to making your life a closer reflection of what you dream it will one day be.


If you read my Woolgatherings blog, you already know I've got my query up and running for my fantasy trilogy. I also started a new story yesterday which I'm really excited about. I won't be able to give it my full attention until those queries are out and on their way to agents, but at least I know where my next literary trek will take me. Also, I'm plugging away at a few little crafty things for my go at a small business (which I do hope to have up and going by September 1 on etsy). Not sure how much I'll have, but it's just a way to keep my hands moving and my mind creating. It's also a way to keep my sanity! I have a few things up on my Polypodium blog (which just happens to be the name of my little business). If you're interested, pop on over there and see what's happening! I hope to have a few more pictures up by the end of this week. I'll give you fair warning: that blog is in it's humble beginnings so don't pass judgement too quickly!


Whew! All this and I just was asked if I could work until 5 instead of getting off at my usual time at 3. Honestly, I wanted to answer no, but, the more hours, the more cash, and the more cash, the quicker we can get out of debt. The quicker we're out of debt, the quicker we leave La Garage. As tired as the idea already makes me, the thought of having my own abode in a year's time (our self-imposed goal) makes it worthwhile!


Here's to staying busy (and keeping sane)!
Jen

8 comments:

  1. I, too, have some coffee shops in my past that have been viciously shut down -- and I miss them.

    Hope all goes well with the job and debt! It's a good self-imposed goal and, in reality, a year is not much time at all.

    I'll pop on over to the other two blogs and check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy lady! A job, a business, a trilogy and three blogs. Do you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weronika: you're right, a year isn't that much time! But I'm confident we can get a lot done if we focus.

    DG: I sleep every now and then :) Not as much as I should, but enough so that I don't kill people when they look at me the wrong way...most of the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen. I just dropped by to say thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comment about my granddaughter and my work. Good luck with your trilogy and come visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you do it, chickie??? Geesh, I'm exhausted just reading about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ellen: I'm so glad you dropped by! Thanks so much for the kind words. I will definitely stop by often :) Feel free to do the same!

    Lin: I'm not quite sure. It sounds fantastic when I read it, then I feel like I don't actually accomplish as much as I should. Balance is key!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this and thought, "be careful what you wish for!" Isn't that just like us? We want and want and want and when we get what we want we go WHEW!! Oh yes, how well I know -grin-.
    Thank God you're young or this would be 'grinding' you down -smile-.
    Re. the sleep...don't stint on sleep. Food and sleep are the primary ways of keeping you healthy and whole; it's easier, and less expensive, to stay well than get well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thistle Cove Farm: Thank you for the wise words. I'm the type of person who has to stay busy. If not, I start getting discouraged. Thankfully, my husband keeps me in balance with taking breaks! And food is definitely NOT a problem! I couldn't skip a meal if I wanted to (which I never do. I love food too much :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments. Do stop back by often for I will respond to your comments here :)