Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"The Earth laughs in flowers"

Emerson's quote comes to mind as I think of my little garden. I finally got it planted and I must say I am quite pleased with all of it's 4x4 goodness. I've helped plant gardens before, even grown my own container gardens, but this is the first time I've ever had a plot of my own. It may be little but it's mine...all mine!

Plant Roll Call:
Begonias (2)
Sun Coleus (3)
Mona Lavender Swedish Ivy (2)
Asparagus Fern (2)
Lemon Balm (2)
Turenia (2)

And now...on with the show!

Here stands Awesome Photographer husband in the area that will become my garden
Mu the cat decided he enjoyed the plants right where they were


Inspirational little piggy, isn't he?


Yep, that's me, doing the ancient Native American newspaper dance!

Viola! Behold, my garden in all it's splendor!

And the little bird and toadstool that call it home :)
Happy weekend, my friends! Get out side and have some fun!
Jen

7 comments:

  1. It's a lovely little garden. I am all for little gardens because they are easiest to weed! I hope it brings you lots of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little garden! I hope you will keep us posted with the growth of your plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! Thanks so much for the kind words.

    DG: I can reach all the way across it so weeding won't be a problem at all! I'm hoping the mulch will do it's job and keep weeds at a minimum but we know how stubborn they can be!

    Glynis: I will definitely keep everyone posted on the plants and my further forays into the horticultural world :) So far, this little guy is bringing me much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is beautiful! Enjoy!! Keep Mu outta there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lin!
    Thanks :) I love my little garden. And no worries about Mu; he'd never wander that far into the yard. He's too lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh , I'm just catching up on reading , and this was such a delight to see.
    You are truly an inspiration... your words, your joy, your desire to truly live.

    Back to your posts..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi deb!

    Thank you so very much! Sometimes I get a little down (as we all do) and this comment of your just brightened me right up! :) Thanks for being a cheer giver!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments. Do stop back by often for I will respond to your comments here :)