Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September

Grey and dismal, in came September,
on the heels of an unbidden storm

The clouds they rolled with a grumble of thunder
but the rain refused to fall

Visions of autumn dance in my head,
of fire lit evenings and blazing colored leaves

The taste of orchards on my tongue,
the scent of wood smoke on my sleeve

A walk in the woods under a brilliant azure sky
is a ghost of a memory

Held up against the back drop of a blissful, grey, dismal,
first September day.
Cheers!
Jen
PS: This little ditty is the post for today on my other blog as well :)

1 comment:

  1. I love September. It is a month worthy of praise and poetry. Can you write me a poem about the kids going back to school? ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments. Do stop back by often for I will respond to your comments here :)