Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For!

OK, well, maybe not all of you, but I'm sure excited to be posting these!!! It took me a week from moving in to get these babies up, but I finally got them uploaded to my computer (we have Internet access, hoozah!) and re sized (a feat not for the faint of heart) and voila! Welcome, to our new home. Or, as well like to call it, The Manor.

Boxes abound as we begin to slowly move stuff in. We started a week and a half ago on a Friday, but didn't get the U-Haul until that following Sunday.


That's the view from the living area looking into the kitchen. The box you see is our pantry. On top of the box is a spot I intend to turn into a writing/prayer sanctuary. First, I have to find a ladder...

This is the view from the front door, through the boxes and trash and into the kitchen. The sofa acts as a divider between entryway and living space. You can see our dining area just this side of the bar and the kitchen beyond that.

Um, yeah, so I have a thing for books. I'm thinking about going for therapy. But there are worse things I could be addicted to. Drugs, alcohol, shoes...

Things finally started taking shape. My wonderful, awesome husband filled up those bookshelves. Yes. There are still more on the floor, but that's irrelevant. Look at the shelves, look at the shelves :)

The sitting area in full bloom. All our furniture has been given to us so it's quite a hodgepodge of colors and patterns. It's not our taste, but hey, it gets the job done! And I'm very thankful for the gifts :)

Ah, that's better. Neatly stacked books on shelves and floor beneath a map of the world. What better way to spend a rainy afternoon than in the company of books?

Here's our living space. The bookshelf under the window is filled with magazines. Another addiction. I'm not seeking help for that one. My rosemary and burnet plants are thriving in the window. I can't wait to make some vinegar soon!

This is the upstairs "studio" area of the loft. It's a big open room with a small bedroom and second bath adjacent to it (to the right). It will serve as my art studio and the small bedroom will be my husband's office. The closet is going to become a dark room.

This is the master bath. Oooh, I've never said that before in regards to a place I lived. The tub is heaven! I lived without one for four years. In the garage we only had a shower. I never knew what a luxury a bath tub was until I went without. Now I could drown happily beneath scented bubbles and hot water :)

This is the kitchen sans boxes. The red is actually growing on me. It's more of a maroon than a true red and it goes well with the charcoal grey of the cabinets. Which, by the way there are a LOT of! And did I mention I have a gas stove! Ah, the simple pleasures of life.

Another view of the living area. The plain chair is actually going in a nook in our bed room. I had pictures of the bedroom and several others of the rest of the loft but, alas, photo shop ate them!

This is the view from upstairs in the studio. That part to the left is the pantry where I want to make my sanctuary. Funny story! Our loft was actually used to film an HGTV show several years ago. No one recalls the name of the show but the company that filmed it was Loft 5 productions. Anyway, they had a three piece band that stood up on the pantry and played! Three guys and their instruments can get up there, I know little ol' me can!

There you have it! That's a brief tour of our loft...er...The Manor! As soon as we get all the boxes and trash out, I'm going to do one more photo shoot of The Manor. Also, the town is so neat. It's chock full of inspiration! I can't wait to start using it in my stories.
I hope you all had a marvelous weekend! Enjoy this four day work week! I know I will!
Cheers!
Jen

14 comments:

  1. What a great space! Congratulations. You are going to have so much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Very cool space you've got there Jen! I love the brick, the wide open space, and the visible pipes and such. I'll bet you get a lot of writing done there--what inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you! We're having such a wonderful time getting to know our Manor. Everyone in the lofts are super nice. We even had a neighbor stop by yesterday afternoon to give us tomatoes and hot peppers from his over grown garden! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your crib is cozy! The brick wall looks romantic and I love the bold red of your kitchen -talk about character! Enjoy every moment of the unpacking and sorting, you'll miss it when things start to look organized!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! congrats on your new manor.you are rightly to be addressed as the lady of the manor...

    i like your eclectic taste. you fulled it wonderfully! your Manor do feels very homely!and the books, never seen so many owned by one person!!!

    oh! the red and grey kithchen, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See!!! I told you you had a lot of books! ;p

    I liked looking at all the pictures. It's, somehow, different than being here. Sorry Photoshop ate some of them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi guys! Thanks for following this little adventure of mine.

    Salitype: I do have a bit of an addiction to books :)And I'll take the new title, thank you. Lady of the Manor...hmmm, could I possibly get my husband to call me that?

    Jon: Yeah, yeah, so I have a lot of books! It is funny to look at it through the camera's eyes. Let's me know my decorating sense isn't that far off :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha!ha!ha!...from now on then, i shall address you as Lady of the Manor!

    if you call your hubby Lord of the Manor, he may reciprocate the gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics! Wow, what a really cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have moved a lot in my life, and while most people in my place would not agree, I always get a thrill to be moving into a new place. I also have a book addiction. It's the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. O Lordy. Your photos remind me that moving isn't for the fainthearted!
    The Manor...love the name; have a great time unpacking and getting things arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for welcoming us to The Manor. I covet those books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love your living space. Especially the brick walls. It looks so cool there and a place I'd love.

    As to books, I've got so many sometimes I can't even get around easily anymore but books make life worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments. Do stop back by often for I will respond to your comments here :)