Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Handmade Christmas This Year

Looks like it's going to be handmade Christmas this year. I don't mind at all. I usually end up making some of the gifts we give but this year we've decided to make them all. I found a wonderful caramel recipe from Mary Jane's Farm magazine (last December's issue I believe) and an Oreo truffle recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. I'll try and post the caramel recipe later. I'll definitely post pictures of the final product (unless I eat them all...must...not...eat...gifts!).

Here's a couple of boxes we hung on the wall. They're both from my mom. She always finds the most beautiful Christmas wrappings.

Ever since we got a table and chairs in the upstairs (or the Tower as I'm fond of calling it), Master Colby thinks it belongs to him. Here he is peaking at me, bleary eyed from one of the chairs. He likes to sit up there with me while work.

And speaking of work, it's so nice to have my own space to create and leave it all out, ready for me to use it again. Before we moved to the Manor, we lived in a garage and there was NO ROOM for anything, much less projects of the paper making kind. Here's a few sheets hanging in front of the bathroom mirror, drying. I plan to tie them in bunches of nine with lace and dried lavender. Lovely...

Last but not least, I think I promised a picture of the Christmas tree. It's kind of small, but here it is! I hope you can see it. It's such a wonderful tree.



I'll be cooking spaghetti tonight for a dear friend. She recently moved and I don't get to see her as much as I'd like. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Any of you making Christmas gifts this year? I'd love to hear about them! I'm making other things besides the truffles and caramels and paper. Stay tuned for more pictures!
Happy Wednesday,
Jen


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't make Christmas cards if my life depended on it...but I love to admire those who can, so keep posting pictures! :-)
    ~HB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments. Do stop back by often for I will respond to your comments here :)