Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thoughts for the New Year

My bloggy pal Lin over at Duck with Wheel and String posted this interested collection of thoughts. I thought they were a great chance to clear the cobwebs about what I want for the new year. How I want to go about doing things differently, what I want to get rid of and what I want to go after. Feel free to do the same over at your place. We can compare notes :)

I am...

saying no to worrying so much about what other people think of me, fear that keeps me paralyzed and unproductive, worrying about those things I can't do anything about, the excuse "I'll do it tomorrow"

saying yes to my dreams, life, getting outside every day, laying the groundwork for the life I long for, cooking more and savoring every meal, breathing whenever I feel stress coming on, myself

giddy about starting a business I care about and am passionate about, submitting my trilogy to agents, a clean slate, the knowledge I've accrued this year that will steer me into my business and writing goals for the next

deeply inspired by nature, music, fresh air, the amazing blogs I read, Victoria magazine and British Country Living, the wonders of the ancient past and its stories

obsessed with drinking tea, really good cheese, blogging, reading, writing, creating beautiful things, story

in love with my husband Jon, life

scared of never seeing my dreams come true, spiders, being stuck in the city we're in now forever, working in an office for the rest of my life

haunted by poor decisions

saved by grace

Happy Tuesday to all! It's good to be back.
Jen

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, great way to come into 2010, I learnt much from it.... anyway I would like, in the traditional way, wish you and your family a 2010 filled with good health, prosperity, happiness and joy, realization of your dreams and much love and blessings.
    Con mucho cariño,
    Maria Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phone photo reminds me....when I was a boy in the '50s in rural Mississippi, we didn't have a dial on our phone. Instead, there was an operator to whom we gave the number we wanted to call. Our own number was 65M2. I knew of dial phones from movies--and later from television--and thought it would just be the most sophisticated thing on earth to have a dial telephone. Now, of course, phones are all push button, and that's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maria! Thank you for the kind wishes for the new year! I hope yours is filled with hope and happiness, health and love. Blessings to you, friend!

    Snowbrush: Thanks for stopping by! I remember having a dial phone and when push button phones came out we thought they were so amazing! If someone had told me I'd be carrying around a phone in my pocket one day I probably would have laughed at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post and aims are excellent, and can inspire other folks to create their own lists.
    Best wishes on your publishing and agent quests, I am on the same journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your list...a great way to start the new year...i hope all your dreams come true. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Terra and Brian! I hope you both have a bright new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were good good thoughts. Rolling them around for myself.
    I'm so glad to have connected with you this year. Wishes for all your dreams to come to the right real. It would seem you live with such gratitude that there must be so much just there , ready to come back to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments. Do stop back by often for I will respond to your comments here :)