Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Photograph of Spring

photo by Joe Bonita, found here

The sky over to the west is deep grey, washed out, refracting the sun overhead; the storm is over. The late afternoon sun trickles out, creating rainbows in the puddles. Raindrops are turned to diamonds as they cling to brilliant green leaves, letting go to splash (plink, plop!) to the mud below. Birds call out, snails glide slowly across the rocks, worms burrow out of hiding. At the foot of the hill, a gentle river of run off flows, washing the grass off my feet, from between my toes. It laughs and gurgles it's way to the woods and the brush pile where the wild, brown bunnies live. For this moment, I am alive!


For all my friends up north tired of feet and feet of snow, I leave you warm wishes of the coming Spring.


~Jen

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We are expecting more snow this weekend, maybe a foot. I'm thinking it is going to be a loooooooooong winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, peaceful image Jen!
    Best wishes for your new blog and adventure!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful image. It's hard to imagine spring at the moment with so much cold but I know it will be here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are actually predicting snow here tomorrow. I am so hoping it does. I'm from Georgia so bear with my innocent infatuation with snow!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is lovely--both the words and the photo, Jen! Please, don't get me excited for spring just yet--we have a very long way to go. Like DG, we are expected to get up to a foot of snow tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that feels nice...snow again tonight..i could use a little spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was lovely. The snow in the UK makes me feel brrrrr, when I see it on the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Jen. That was so lovely and refreshing. In central Maine we dream of spring almost all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this blog is so beautiful. award to you from me on friday! check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, guys! And thanks SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB! I'm heading over the check it out. I'm a bit behind...in case you haven't noticed :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. new follower. Cool pic and well written. For today I am well. Taking one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent shots and blog!!

    http://balapertotarreu.blogspot.com

    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I look forward to reading your comments. Do stop back by often for I will respond to your comments here :)